Tuesday 15 January 2008

Not Such A Good Day

Tuesdays are generally crap and this one in particular leaves a foul stench in the air as Wednesday approaches. It started of with being faced with a puddle this morning in order to get to work. If I walked around the puddle it would have added, at most, 30 seconds onto my journey. However, being an efficient subordinate I decided to walk through the puddle and save the 30 seconds. The first few steps indicated that this puddle was no more than a few millimetres deep but as I reached the middle I was gravely mistaken. As my right foot landed, where I was expecting the ground I felt the water start to seep into my shoe, soak my sock and beginning making the bottom of my trousers wet. “Shit” was all I could really say as I finally found the bottom with my feet. Now stuck in the middle of the puddle with my left leg flaying in the air I decided to cut my losses and just wade my way through. What else was I going to do other than stand there looking like a dick? So I arrived at work with light brown shoes turned dark brown and sporting two tone coloured trousers. I was really tempted to just take off my socks, ring them out and lay them on the heater. As this wasn’t office etiquette I just decided to just take them off and walk around in wet shoes for the rest of the day.

Yet this wasn’t the end of my clothing woes. I was sitting down at my desk and leaned back to stretch then leaned forward again to feel my belt twang and then rip apart. The piece of string that keep my trousers up had snapped leaving me with trousers that would quite happily fall down at every opportunity. So I had to spend the rest of the day with my hands in my pockets every time I wanted to walk around so that they could hold up my trousers. One rather uncomfortable incident was when I was returning from the toilet to see one of the ladies from work trying to open the door but struggling because she was holding two cups of tea in each hand. As she saw me approaching she gave me a look of relief as she knew surely I would open the door for her. Her smile soon turned to a look of disturbance as I slowly withdrew my right hand to open the door but still had my left one clenched tightly into a ball holding on to the material so my trousers wouldn’t slip. She looked down to see this bulge protruding out and can only assume she either thought I was packing some serious manhood or was about to pull out a knife on her. As soon as the door became open she scuttled off without even saying a thank you. I just cussed under my breath saying how shit the day is.


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


He hates this robber, and yet he wants to meet him. Find his out what his motives were to rob this garage and inflict two innocent people into a state of shock. The chances are remote but should the police capture him he will request to visit him if he is allowed.

He opens his eyes and feels that his mind has settled down a bit and picks himself up and sits back on the bench. He pulls out his mobile phone and starts to scroll through the names, he reaches K and sees Karen’s name appear on the screen. It’s 5 am in the morning, she will be asleep, she won’t want to hear what’s happened to him. Will she care? It could have been a lot different and now Yannish wishes it was. He is lonely but doesn’t want to risk being rejected by her in his most needing moment. When she spoke to him last night she sounded so innocent but she was guilty. He had caught her and she admitted it and he finished the relationship there on the spot. She begged him to let her talk, to give her reason but he wouldn’t listen. She would ring him and he would answer the phone and hear her sobbing and all he’d do is put the phone down. All because he had caught her. That was it surely if you see someone doing something really bad to you then you must cut them out of your life. But she wasn’t out of his life she was the most interesting woman he had ever met, she had enchanted him until that moment. And she must have felt exactly how he is feeling right now, alone, confused and wanting to talk to someone. Yannish didn’t want to talk to her then why should she want to talk to him now. He locks the phone and thrusts it back in his pocket. It’s time he got back home, Tommy might still be awake and at least he could tell someone his story.



2 comments:

asdf said...

I once had a similar puddle fiasco and put my sodden socks in the microwave at work to dry. Y'know, for a laugh. The office smelled uncannily like cheese on toast for the rest of the day.

Paddington's Shadow said...

Ha ha, I find it best to keep sodden attire and food related equipment apart.