Tuesday 1 January 2008

Two Thousand And Eight

So it’s 2008, I hope 2007 proved better than expected for you. Hmm, I suppose I better think of some New Year resolutions. Let me see, the first imperfection (or character trait) I’d like to improve on is:

Tardiness


I’m late for every social meeting with people regardless of how well I plan I just don’t get to the place on time. I know it vexes people so I plan to implement a step-by-step walk-through to get me to every pre-arranged meet on time.

Get More But Decent Tunes On To My ipod

When I first got it I uploaded any tune I could get my hands on just so I could fill up the oceans of memory space I had. However after a few months I looked back one day on what was on it and almost fell off the bench I was sitting on. A cold sobering shiver ran over me as I realised there is no place in my musical life for the likes of Eminem et al. Subsequently I imposed a strict upload control vetting system that the government’s border control department would be proud of and now on my pod I have 827 tunes that create the soundtrack of my day/life. Thing is I need more of them.

Cut Down On Meat

I’m not saying I’m a rabid carnivore who hunts bunny rabbits for food. I just feel like I eat quite a lot of meat. In fact I think the majority of people do. I look upon in jealousy at the vegetarians I know who easily go through their day with out any of it whereas I can only think about meat based dishes when thinking about food.

Get Buff

Yep, I too have enlarged due to the Christmas festivities. The amount of cheese and biscuits I consumed were the main perpetrators. I’m not a rotund gent but the life long quest of all men to reach the holy grail of a six-pack is well out of the question at the moment. Not sure if I want to join a gym full of muscle men in weird multicoloured baggy trousers so I think I’ll stick to playing sports and the occasional push up. Really I just want to look good naked and if I manage that then…

Go To Another Continent

I fancy visiting another continent for my holiday this year. I find seeing another cultures in full working flow really mind blowing. To me it’s like being shown how to live life in another way. Due to listening to Brand on Radio 2 I’m quite intrigued to visit Marrakech in Morocco.

Go To Noel Fielding’s Art Exhibition

Well this is a short term goal but I must remember to go to his art exhibition in London which I think runs till the beginning of March. If not I’ll regret it and kick something in frustration and end up hurting my toe.

I think that’s enough for the moment. I’m sure I’ll forget them all in my mind but at least I have it here on record should I wonder what they are. In other events I got In A Safe Place by The Album Leaf. If you’re into or remotely interested in chilled electronica then I strongly recommend it (click here and scroll down to listen to some samples).






::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::





Yannish broke from his thoughts and looked up and then pushed his face against the railings. He found a gap where he could see the officer driving.

“I’m seriously not the robber. I’m not joking, I’m not him. Look at me, do I look like someone capable of holding up a garage with a gun?” He yells in exasperation with saliva spluttering from his mouth all over the officer’s shoulder.

“Perhaps. But you are certainly in a position to help a robber.” Came the cold reply of the officer.

Yannish felt like spitting on the policeman but didn’t want to aggravate the situation. The officer was young maybe three or four years older than him. He probably thought he caught the criminal and managed to cleverly trick him into the police car. Yannish didn’t want to think or fight any more, he flung himself back and deliberately rested his feet on the back seat and closed his eyes to get some rest before his inevitable interrogation.

He found himself in a damp smelling room. It was grey coloured but dirt marks could be seen all over it, even on the ceiling. He was on a chair, it was a wooden one, nothing fancy and a little wobbly. In front of him was a table which had one of its sides against the wall where a recording machine was set. In front of him was an officer a lot older than the one who’d brought him in. He still had his hat on and looked rather calm and not the intimidating monster he was expecting. He kept stroking his moustache and watching Yannish.

The interrogating was thin, in fact Yannish didn’t feel interrogated at all. They asked him questions and he answered them. They didn’t follow anything up.

“What did you do today?”

“I had my last exam, went to the pub to celebrate then went home and then went to work.”

“Was there anything odd you noticed about the building, certain electrics that weren’t working?”

“No everything seemed fine. The only thing not similar to the usually shift was that Clarence was working tonight.”

“I see. Do you think she had anything to do with the robbery?”

“No, of course not.”

“What happened when you were being robbed?”

“A man entered while I was at the counter, he didn’t look strange but he brought in an aura of distrust so I kept my eye on him. He then walked out of sight I walked over and then he pulled a gun out on me and Clarence. We took him to the safe and he blasted it open.”

“And then what happened?”

“He left, I thought I had just been killed but hadn’t. I was enraged so decided to chase him. I after him all across the field above the garage and then he entered the woods, I followed and I was struck by something hard that knocked me out.”

“Do you know what he looked like?”

“I didn’t see his face he wore a clown’s mask. But he had brown hair that went just past his ears. You see that stuck out from the clown’s mask. And when he got close he stared directly at me. It was strange, like he was jealous of me or something. I just saw him, he had blue eyes, large blue eyes. And as soon as he could tell I was scanning his features he pulled himself away. He was a bit taller than me so I’d say about just under 6 foot, he wore a what looked like a beige suede jacket and jeans. That’s all I can remember right now.”

“Thank Yannish. We will contact you further if we require you, now please follow the directions to the first aid room.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so i finally remembered who to thank for "The Album Leaf". these sounds are perfect for my individual and the collective mood of the country as the arrival of our own new year is within days. so thank you.