Tuesday 7 July 2009

Energise

Hmm, I wonder if the title of this entry will attract any Star Trek geeks Googling various Trekkie sound-bites. Well the real reason for this title is because recently I’ve gained an abundance of energy for absolutely no where.

It kind of started mid-way through last week. I woke up in the morning and stared at the mirror and instead of seeing a scowling Popeye, I saw this calm looking expression across my face, in my head I said, so what are we going to do today? I thought I was suffering from some mental break down so turned away and legged it, hoping it was nothing but a dream. By mid-morning, I was accomplishing various things at work but also remembering to do the little things I always forget to help my day run that little bit sweeter. For example, spending a couple of minutes looking for a good radio station to listen too on LastFM or remembering to buy a packet of soft mints. I like to chew whilst I do stuff. When I realised I’d done all these, I thought to myself, damn, this must be mighty fine coffee to make me think this quick. I peered into my mug and alas there were only the dregs leftover from yesterday’s pouring.

This carried on for the rest of the week, even on Sunday night where I read until 2 am. It was the typical situation where you start reading to get tired, a chapter becomes mighty interesting, so you ride through the wave of tiredness until a second wind comes along. By then two more chapters have been read and only when you realise it’s late and that you’ll struggle to get up in the morning, you begrudgingly decide it is time to call it a day. Even when I closed my eyes I thought that I’d really find it difficult to get up in five hours. At 7am I sprung up like a freak in the morning, I didn’t even need the radio to assist me. Again I found myself staring at the mirror and a lively more assured version of me was looking back saying, it’s going to be sunny today, wear a t-shirt mate. This was getting odd.

Today I have pretty much done everything I wanted to accomplish and more, like go through and delete loads of emails I’ve stored throughout the years. I even managed to go jogging. But where is all this energy coming from? Nothing has changed, in fact I’m getting less sleep and eating less. I tried thinking about it but quite frankly after a few moments, I didn’t care. So what if I suffer a burnout some where, or all of a sudden collapse on the floor into a slumber. I hope it never ends because it feels good actually doing things and accomplishing them in decent time. And if this momentum continued for something like 6 months it would be ace.


In other news, someone sent me this link and thought I’d pass it on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcqFztb2QnA

I prefer this version but it was only after listening to this mix I noticed what Lily is actually chatting about. Poor girl.

1 comment:

asdf said...

I went through a similar phase a couple of weeks ago, and I wish I'd made more of it, and got more stuff done. Over the last few days I've really struggled to be energised or motivated - it took a Herculean effort to raise my head of the pillow this morning. Gah.