Wednesday 7 November 2007

Operation Ipod


‘twas only May that I decided to purchase an Ipod. For many years people had been quite passionate about the Ipod being the best MP3 player around and weren’t afraid to tell me this. For many years I abstained, thinking my £7.99 mp3 player was more than sufficient. People would even tell that if they had it stolen and or it broke they would replace it straightaway. So when I left my jacket in the rain and my Ipod in the jacket pocket I soon realised that I actually adore this piece of plastic. It was the collection I had amassed, the collection I was amassing which made me rummage in my pocket incessantly until I picked up the soaked player. I noticed that the screen was on and that it was still functioning but something didn’t look right. And it wasn’t. After about 5 minutes the battery died and so did my collection of tunes. The battery was gone and needed replacing so I searched the net looking for an Ipod battery but all were offering a battery in conjunction with their fitting services which totalled around £50. This is a bit steep for me so I continued searching until I finally found a site that sold the Ipod video battery for under £15 with £5 p&p. Of course they offered a fitting service and of course it was very expensive and so I decided to install the new battery myself using the websites installation instructions.

First thing I had to do was prise open the casing using tools provided with the battery which I managed to do. Then I had to carefully pull them apart with out ripping the headphone and battery connectors. Next, I had to unlock the battery connecter which was quite tricky but luckily I had many years of practice with stuff like this from the hours spent playing Operation as a boy. After that I was able to lay the metal case next to the white cover. I then prised open the battery and replaced it with a new one, sliding the connecter cable in until it locked. I carefully placed the pod together making sure the hard drive didn’t fall out as I clasped the two cases in place. I tentatively turned it on, half expecting the battery icon not to appear, half expecting nothing to happen at all. But some how it all worked, everything turned on, everything functioned correctly and now I can walk around with a beat to my step as I blast the tunes from my pod. I win, today!!!!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
“Why don’t you choke them a little?” She once asked.

He’d never thought of that and told her he’d do that on his next job. And from then on she’d advise him on what injuries to inflict and he would carry them out. Smacking knee caps, punching the kidneys she really got turned on by the fact she was helping out by telling him how to beat up people. But she liked to hear about a lot of blood spilling the most and so he always made sure they were punched in the mouth. Just the cause of how they met. When punching his victims he often thought that this might be a blessing in disguise for them, just like it was for him.

They pulled up at Janpur’s Indian restaurant, not a word had been said in the car.

“You better not ruin tonight Charlie.”

“I’m not going to ruin tonight, you stupid girl I’m not out to ruin your beloved night. I’m here to enjoy the food then piss off home for a bit.”

“I want you to be nice to my sister. She is always nice to you but you, you just spit in her face all the time. I’m surprised she even talks to me.”

“I’m not going to bloody well spit in her face. Your sister is mental, she goes round in a Volkswagen camper van trying to save the world from pollution but she’s doing more harm than good driving round in that heap of crap. That must give off so much bad fumes. And this latest activitist group thing she’s involved in, what cause are they fighting for again?”


“They’re fighting against underground fox hunting. What they’re called I can’t remember. She’s my only sister, and I know her lifestyle habits are disgusting but it’s not her fault she’s like this. I feel sorry for her, I should have been around her more while she was growing up. Instead I was shagging you all over town so our stepfather got to her with his ways and views.”

“Don’t go blaming me about the state of your family. If it wasn’t for me you’d probably be sharing that camper van with your sister right now. Probably going halves with that Peter guy she’s seeing. Knowing you, you’d go first and make her watch and then have sloppy seconds. So don’t start trying to rant at me about the state of your sister.”

“Alright, alright, look just don’t cause an argument or make her or Peter cry.”

“I want to kick the shit of out him.”

“No!”

“Yes, I know. She’s your sister’s partner. I’m not going to do it, but when they break up I’m gonna hunt him down.”

“Alright, let’s go and don’t ruin my dinner, alright?”

They got out of the car and Charles could smell the pungent smell of Indian food straight away. He inhaled passionately so that he could tease his appetite even more. They walk into Janpur’s and Marla immediately saw Semmi sitting with Peter. Semmi saw her sister and waved her over so that they could join them. Charles noticed she was wearing a green army jacket with a Germany flag stitched on the right of her shoulder but completely coloured in in black. He couldn’t think why and before he got a chance to ask Peter was standing in front of him shoving his open hand in Charles’s gut. Charles slightly a taken back by the prod in his abdomen quickly realised who it was and quickly hooked onto Peter’s hand began shaking it with some force.

No comments: