Tuesday 5 January 2010

A Newish Year

And just like that, after watching Big Fat Quiz of the Year, I accepted that 2010 had truly commenced.

I’ve been off the radar recently which has mostly been due to the fact I get tired at winter. I’ve had loads of things to write about but every time I flipped open the laptop I managed to change my font to verdana (I can only write in verdana for some reason) and then get side tracked by the BBC website and YouTube.

So at the cusp of a new year what do I hope of achieving. Well to start with I shall be tackling all the spots that have appeared over my face. It’s like a constellation of stars that have been produced by the bosom of the sebaceous glad. Being a previous sufferer of severe acne, I’m really up for getting rid of my unwanted acquaintances.

Running in parallel with this, I am going to relax a bit more by trying to think things ahead. What I mean by this is knowing you have to do something and actually spending a few seconds thinking it through instead of acting on the spot and causing hi-jinx trying to sort the situation out in real time. A good recent example is thinking on a Sunday, ‘I’ll wear that washed but unironed jumper tomorrow.’ The 2009 Paddington’s Shadow would, in fact did, iron it on a Monday morning even thought he woke up late for work and in the rush tried to brush his teeth as well as iron resulting in toothpaste pouring out of my mouth and splattering my jumper. Then, in haste run off to get a glass of water to wash it off and forgetting that the iron was still on the jumper. Now the 2010 me will iron the jumper on a Sunday night whilst listening to podcasts. That way, come Monday morning, when I wake up knackered and it’s late I can chill out and not have to scramble about so much.

I’m going to sort out my iTunes and start downloading muzak and in abundance. I was going through my pod yesterday and just couldn’t find anything I wanted to listen too which is extremely frustrating, this caused me to pull a screw face in public in disgust which caused a few people to look at me with a mixture of pity and terror.

I’d also like to go visit another country if I can. I just need to calculate this equation

Money + time x ideas = 1 trip

Simples.

Oh, and my little task I’ve set myself this year, well every year since I’ve started to write this blog, is to write 52 entries for the year. I’ve failed so far.

4 comments:

Matthew said...

A good set of aims and ambitions. Planning before the event is something I started to do in the last year or so - I'm not always successful, but I do (for instance) have a rather dull but invaluable Sunday night routine that helps enormously on Monday mornings. not very rock 'n roll, but there's a time and a place for that.

I've read an abundance of those end-of-year and end-of-decade music lists recently and drawn the conclusion that there is a whole bunch of interesting music out there - you just need to sort through the chaff. And boy, is there some chaff. Good luck.

sazzalish said...

Yay you're back!

Paddington's Shadow said...

Mattheui, checklists, methodical thinking and an efficient approach will surely free up for more rock 'n roll activities.

Paddington's Shadow said...

Cheers Sazz, lethargy got the better of me.